Training Workshop for Physician Relations, Liaison and Outreach Teams
Consultative Sales and Referral Development Skills
2017 Make it Matter Two-Day Workshop – St. Louis
Thursday, October 5th-Friday, October 6th
Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis at the Arch
2 South 4th Street
St. Louis, MO 63102
Register Online: Submit Form at Right
Register By Mail: Download Form
HIGH-PERFORMANCE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Professional, consultative sales skills form the foundation for healthy growth.
Make it Matter empowers you to perform at a higher level, using the differentiator of consultative selling. Tiller-Hewitt trainers draw on direct management experience on both the health system and the physician practice sides of healthcare.
A TWO-DAY, INTERACTIVE LEARNING EXPERIENCE
The Make it Matter Workshop delivers a dynamic and highly interactive learning experience, laser-focused on building long-term relationships and results.
This properly sequenced, live classroom training event is an investment that will pay dividends quickly through improved enthusiasm, synergy, learning reinforcement and performance in the field.
The workshop includes interactive videos, role-playing and exercises that are practical, memorable and applicable to your unique value proposition.
MAKE IT MATTER – EVENT KICKOFF
In times like these, just showing up doesn’t cut it anymore. We have to deliver value – every time. This interactive and reflective kickoff session sets the tone to achieve the program’s objectives.
- Motivate participants to reevaluate their personal and organizational message.
- Help sales professionals develop their personal brand standard and refine how they present themselves.
- Design, package and deliver their personal message so that they and your organization become essential.
- Be taken seriously and gain credibility in the eyes of colleagues, superiors and customers.
Learn how personality/gender/generational differences influence communication and decision-making to achieve
your objectives through more effective communication.
- Get Past the Gatekeeper to the Decision Maker
- The Art of Working with Physicians
- Sales Scripting for Success – Do’s and Don’ts
- Individual and Team Personality Types
The exercises are customized for your specific needs and style, including Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator.
MAKE DATA MATTER
Quality guru William Edward Deming said it best, “Without data, you’re just another person with an opinion.” Your
influence and effectiveness will increase when you know what data to measure, why and how to use it.
- Data-Driven Focus for Results
- Issue Resolution
- Call Frequency Reporting
- “Showing” Your Story with Dashboards
THE GREAT DIVIDE – CONSULTATIVE SELLING
In a sea of competition, professional consultative selling separates winning teams from all the rest. This is where
sales skills, product and industry expertise, and knowledge of customer circumstances come together.
- Understand the difference between Transactional & Consultative Selling Relationships
- Sales Call Challenges
- Move from Professional Visitor to Trusted Advisor Status
- Needs Satisfaction Selling
- Demonstrate Value to Elevate Your Position
Worksheets will enable you to apply these new skills to current challenges in the field.
SHARPENING THE SAW – PROFESSIONAL SALES TECHNIQUES
Even seasoned salespeople require renewal, rejuvenation and the opportunity to update and enhance their consultative selling skills.
- Listening vs. Hearing
- Closing the Sale and Asking for the Business
- Presentation Techniques
- Overcoming Objections
Role-playing and contests bring new learnings to life and provide the opportunity for peer-to-peer learning.
MAKE TIME MATTER
Time is the only thing we can’t buy or get more of – so we must be intentional in how we use our time. Learn how
to bring strategic focus to maximize time and results.
- Effective Time Management
- The Myths of Multitasking
- Creating Your Success Plan – Clarity and Accountability
- The Payoff of Preparation
- Putting an End to Procrastination
- New Habits for Long-term Success
After attending the Make It Matter Workshop, you will emerge fully energized and equipped with tools and techniques to:
- Optimize face-time and build relationships with physicians, advanced practitioners and their practice teams
- Effectively deliver information about the value and support your organization delivers to providers, their staff, patients and families
- Navigate difficult conversations and overcome resistance from physicians and office staff
- Use data and insightful analyses for effective referral management
- Gain recognition for your professional, consultative sales approach
- Build positive momentum for increased results
If you are coming from outside of the St. Louis area, we have reserved rooms for those attending the workshop. Hotel accommodations are not included in the cost of the workshop. To reserve your hotel room, call 314-231-3003 or make online reservations here. Use group id 2302057.
Perspectives from Teams We Have Trained
“Make it Matter made a difference in how we are approaching practices and physicians from now on.”
“The program was filled with high energy and practical ideas.” Evolent Health
“The goal-setting portion was invaluable to my personal and professional growth.”
“The message is clear, concise and completely on target.” – Mayo Clinic
“Inspiring, and with creative ideas to sell our hospital and how to overcome objections.” – VCU Health